Friday, March 15, 2013

Five-Minute Friday - REST

I'm just getting the hang of this Five-Minute Friday thing, and am liking it... I missed last week because I was late to write, but this week I say hey, it's still Friday!  And since Lisa-Jo extends such warm grace to working moms, I thought that this would be totally fine. 

I found her website a while ago and have been blessed by her honesty and heartfeltness for quite some time now.  Finally mustering up the courage to join in the Five-Minute Friday write-fest, here I am!  For the second time!  You can find Lisa-Jo at http://lisajobaker.com/.  I encourage you to check her out if you haven't already!  

So, here’s the challenge, should you accept it: you write for 5 minutes with freedom like you have no fear or shame.  And then you have to be brave (or at least pretend to be) and link up to her blog. Encouraging the writer who links up before you is part of the deal, too.  This last rule is crucial, as we all need to encourage others. Why encourage another writer? Because at one point or another in our lives, we all need encouraging too.
Each week is a new word, a new thought starter, and you have 5 minutes to write….and are you ready?

This week's word is REST
go-
On the seventh day God rested. 
The other six days were incredibly busy, busier than you or I will ever know.  Whether literal or figurative, God was busy.  Rest was good.

And today, rest is good.  We need it, we crave it, we need it.

Time change nearly a week ago, and I'm still tired.  Every evening thinking this might be the one where I get more rest.  But it doesn't happen.

So tired.

Work. Meals. Cleaning. Laundry. Cuddles with my girl. Connecting with my hubby.  Phone calls to make. Taxes to get ready. Always. Something. To. Do.

God says, "Rest".

 It is time to slow down.  Breathe.  Meditate and think on what is Good.  What is God. 

Thank you God for the weekend!  And that it isn't totally full of busy-ness, that I might find rest.  And even in quiet of my home (if there should come such a moment), I pray that you would quiet my heart to find the rest that you offer. 

Rest.

And on that note, I think it's time for bed!

stop.

3 comments:

  1. I - like you - have struggled with getting enough rest, and here we are up - posting rather than getting that needed rest! I think I'll take your cue and head to bed as well! :) - Hope you have a great weekend full of that much needed rest and restoration to get you through the busy-ness that is life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's time for bed! Everyone has a weekend now, but our schedule, thanks to homeschool and daddy is Tuesday and Wednesday is the weekend. So our week has only just begun! Get your rest, enjoy your weekend, and be blessed!!

    http://infamousmorris.weebly.com/1/post/2013/03/rest-5-minute-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle!

    I absolutely loved the first few lines of your post - "The other six days were incredibly busy, busier than you or I will ever know. Whether literal or figurative, God was busy. Rest was good."

    I never thought of it that way bur I love that. Our Lord was busy. Just thinking of framing our creation that way is so interesting to me. He understands when we are busy. He understands when we need rest. He always understands.

    Have a restful weekend!

    PS I have never tried a massage but I am so looking forward to scheduling one at some point in the not-too-distant future! Thanks so much for the suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete